Sunday, April 29, 2012

Home Opener

Yesterday was our home opener, we spilt again. We were winning 3-1 in the 9 and they tied it up. So we went into extra innings and they came out on top. The crowd was really into the game especially at the end there. I threw pretty good in game 2. I went 8 innings, gave up 2 runs and had 9 k's and 0 walks. The umpire was squeezing me through the game. Which means he had a small strike zone. I didn't get to play in the first one because one of our players is from hungry and you can only have one import play at a time. After my game I got introduced to a guy that was also a Christian. It was great to talk about God and my church back home. He asked what kind of church I attended, I told him its a nondenominational one. As I was explaining it to him he put it pretty simple "As long as you love Jesus your good". Just a simple sating but true. I think it's pretty amazing that no matter where you go Jesus is same person that died for us. I continue to thank God for giving me this opportunity. On a side note one my friends from back home is coming to play on a team in Vienna. I'm excited to have a friend close and be able to go exploring with.

No comments:

Post a Comment