Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Field Work

I have always liked working on the field. I liked hearing guys say " this is a nice field, I wish our field look like this. I especially like working on the mound, since that where I spend all my time. Going back to a field I played at and seeing something I build still in use I think is cool. When I was a senior in high school I rebuilt the mound using clay bricks. I knew I was going to be pitching the most on it so why not make it the way I like it. Then when I was at USCB we had a lot of field work, since we were a start up program. We had to build the hitting cage that we roll on the field for batting practice just off the picture of it. After 4 days we got it done. Last week Clemens and I put clay brick in the visitors bullpen. He said it might be one of the nicest visitors bullpen in all of Austria. A couple weeks before he had redone the game mound and he did a great job on it. On Monday we used a Sod cutter to go around the whole infield and put in sod where we had cut. It made the whole appearance of the field better. It's amazing how just little things can improve the appearance of something. This weekend in our home opener. I'm excited to get back out there and pitch again. Also bring glory to God through my pitching. The weather is suppose to be beautiful for it. I hope everyone has a great day and remember God will never give you more then you can handle. Trust in him and his plan for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment