Saturday, April 14, 2012

Practice

I have been to two practices since i got here. The first day we got to practice early and get in some early work. The guys on the team are really nice and welcoming. They know english which helps me out since I don't know any german. All we pretty did at practice on day one was got our arms loose then hit. It had been a while since I have hit in a game, so i was a little nervous at first. But I have been hitting with my buddy Mason back home before I left. I got to meet the president on the first day. He gave me a hat and hoodie with the team logo on it. We took some pictures together, many of you probably saw them on facebook. Then the second day they asked me to help coach the 10u team before out pracice. That in its self was very entertaining. None of the kids knew english, so there was a lot of hand motions being used . For our practice it was a bullpen day for the pitchers. I was excited to get back up on the bump and face some batters. I threw pretty good, had command of all my pitches and kept the ball low. I also got bat against a pitcher in a game simulation for the first time in about 7 years. It went better then I thought it would. Our first game is next saturday. I am excited to get back into playing games. Now that I am here I know this is where God wants me to be. Yesterday I checked my stats about this Blog and 580 people have read it. I am not saying this to brag or anything like that. I am just pointing out that God can use the skills he gave you to reach out to other people and you can just say one little thing that will change theirs lives forever. You may never know of the impact you made on them. So seek after Gods plan for your life and trust in him, he knows what he is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment