Sunday, April 15, 2012

Motivation

I just finished watching the movie Warrior. Which is a great movie, I highly recommend watching it. It got me thinking about motivation. Everyone of us has something that motivates us towards our goals. For me one of the main ones is proving people wrong. I can clearly remember two coaches in my past that doubted me. My Dad knows who they are too. There are plenty of other coaches that never gave me a shot. They are what gave me that extra push to run a extra mile or do the extra set. My family also contributes to pushing me on. I know with out a doubt when my parents say they are proud of me they mean it with all their heart. They have lived this journey with me. I clearly remember coming home from my last high school baseball game and crying on my moms shoulder. They weren't sad tears, I had put the team on my shoulders that season and we came up short of our goal. And if you think a man is weak for crying. Take a look at two of my role models Tim Teebow and Bubba Watson(both are men of God and pretty good athletes). When you pour your heart and time into something you will do whatever it takes to be successful. No one thing or one person can stand in your way. If they do get in your way just take them head on because you have worked to hard to let them stop you. God wired us all differently. So I challenge you not to be ordinary that's the lazy way out. So find what motivates you and let it fuel your fire. Here's two videos to help you get motivated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNL_DAI19_I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X38PCf7kao&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No comments:

Post a Comment