Tuesday, May 1, 2012

For Love of the Game.

I just finished watching the movie For Love of the Game. This is one of my all time favorite movies. It got me thinking about what I love to do. Pitching is truly my passion in life. I love being on that bump, nothing else in the world matters when you are out there. Everything just goes away and it's just you against the batter. It comes down to who worked harder, who wants it more. I have been told before that I have good mound presents. Which means you don't show emotion on the mound, whether your pitching a perfect game or have given up 10 runs. It also means you exude confidence while your out there. My confidence not only comes from my hard work but more importantly from God. As it is written in my hat "For whom shall I fear". This comes from psalm 27:1. For when he is with you nothing should scare or intimidate you. He'll never give you more then you can handle, you just have to trust in him. He didn't say the road was going to be easy or always fun. But when you get to the mountaintop the view is that much better knowing the hardships you had along the way. And if you trip and fall along the way know that he will be there to help you up and say we can do this together my child. If you cant walk anymore on your own he will carry you the rest of the way. Always trust in his plan.

1 comment:

  1. I needed to hear that today. Proud of you. Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete