Monday, May 14, 2012

Playing for Mom

It was a little cold and windy at yesterdays game. We ended up splitting with the Indians. I got to start in right in the first game. For some reason the wind decided to change direction on us and was blowing straight out to right. The first pop up that I caught, when it was hit I thought it was right at the second basemen but the wind took it a lot farther. One of their best hitters hit a ball that one hopped the wall. He tried turning his double into a triple. So as soon as I picked up the ball I just threw it as hard as I could toward third and our shortstop did a great job of relaying it on to third. The throw beat him there by about 4 steps. I didn't have the best day at the plate yesterday. I was 0-4. Which happens in baseball but the thing that I was most upset about was my third at bat. I had a 3-0 count and swung at the next pitch, in which I hit a weak grounder to third. What was I swinging at, I know better then that. That won't happen again this season. For some reason we had trouble hitting their pitcher who wasn't that good. Game 2 was a different story. They tried to trick us by using some slower pitching to start the game. Which didn't really work out for them since it quickly became 6-0. They brought in their import pitcher, who we ended up scoring 6 runs off of. We ended up scoring 14 run in the game. I had one of my better days on the mound. I went 8 innings had 14 k's (strikeouts) 1 walk 3 hits. I got to talk to my mom on the phone this morning to wish her a happy mothers day. I am so blessed to have the Christian mom that I have. She has always been there for me to talk to and vent to about stuff. She is always there to lift me up and tell me how proud of me she is. She has always wanted the best for me. I wish she could have been there at the game yesterday to see me play. One thing that I know I got from her is her competitiveness. We both hate to lose, no matter what it is. Some people are just born with this, it really can't be taught to someone. This gene skipped my sister, sorry nicki. God blessed her in many other ways. I thank God every day for giving me a mom that has showed me what a Christian wife is supposed to be like. I love you very much mom and can't wait to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment