Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sitting at 500

Yesterday we split again against the Tigers. We have had a few injuries and guys have some personal things come up. So our team doesn't have much depth right now. But when we get to full strength we will be really hard to beat. I started in leftfield in the first game. I missed two sliding catches out there, which made me pretty upset. I know first hand what it's like to be pitching your butt off and have to get more then three outs in a inning. On a positive note I got my first hit on the season. I stuck out my first at bat. He threw me a really good curve ball and I just watched it go by. All you can do is tip your hat and think that's not going to happen again. In my second at bat there was runners on second and third with two outs. I knew walking up there that I owed it to our pitcher to get those runs in. So with a 1-1 count he threw me a change up away and I just slapped it past the second basemen. I was pretty fired up when I got to first getting my first hit and also 2 RBI(runs batted in). In my third at bat I hit a ground ball the the left side I don't know who fielded it or if they bobbled it but I beat the throw. It felt good to get back on the bases and getting to slide again. When I was a little kid I would dive just to get dirty. I'm sure my mom wasn't happy about that but I always wanted people to know I played. We ended up losing 7-6 late in the game. As I was getting ready for game two I looked at my uniform and it was probably the dirtiest I have ever been pitching. The first run started a little rough for me. Do to a few hits and misplayed balls they scored three runs. Me team picked me up scoring 5 runs in the bottom of the first. After that I decided that they were not going to score again. They score one more off a misplayed fly ball to right. I threw the complete game and picked up the win. I felt stronger as the game went on. I had my first two walks of the season yesterday. I think my walk to strike out ratio is pretty good right now. Tomorrow I'm going into Vienna to see my friend. I think we are going to see The avengers. He found a English movie theater there, which works out for us. I'm really enjoying my time here and feel this is where God wants me to be. I hope everyone has a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment