Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Action Packed Off Weekend

This weekend we didn't have any games. So I headed up on Friday to see my friend Joe in Vienna. We were planning on going somewhere but he had to work a softball tournament on saturday. So we decided to just stay around Vienna. On Sunday there was a Japanese slow pitch softball tournament at the fields. Hiro ,Joes Roommate, was playing for a team but he had leave around 1. They were short on players and asked Joe and I if we wanted to play. It was so much fun playing in it. He played short and I got to play third. They do some cool things before the game starts both teams line up facing each other and you bow each other. You do it before and after the game. I borrowed a Ichiro shirt from Hiro for the day, so thats what they called me all day. I hit a home run my first at bat but it was my only one of the day. Our team won the championship and we got some good prizes. We got sticky rice, noodles, and Japanese beer. After the game they invited us over for a cook out. I am a huge fan of Japanese food, so I was really excited. Joe and I ate till we hurt, they just kept putting more food in front of us. They were really nice and welcoming. The hospitality has been great every where we have been.

The softball team where Joe plays got two american players this week. Amber and Mandy are both from Alabama and played at UAB. So on Monday after we finished our running and throwing, we took them to the amusement park which is walking distance away. Its different then the ones back home because here you pay per ride. You can just walk into the park. I think Joe rode almost every ride there. I think he'll be spending a lot of time there this summer. Its pretty cool to see how God works. Mandy and Amber are from the state next to Joe and I, then we meet in Vienna Austria. Its nice to have some other people here that like country music and also say "Y'all". I am excited to see what this summer has in store for us.

This weekend we play Joe's team at his field. Its kinda funny to think about two kids that went to high school only 3 miles apart are going to be pitching against each other in Austria this saturday. We have been playing against each other for almost 10 years now. Its going to be a fun series since we are playing one game Friday and one Saturday. Friday will be played under the lights which is so much fun. There is just something special about it. For as good as friends that Joe and I are, come saturday at 4:00 that all goes out the window. The competitive fiber in you comes out and you don't want to lose, no matter who you are facing.

No comments:

Post a Comment