Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Still Can't Believe

As I was eating dinner tonight I just thought to myself where I was and what I was doing. I'm in Austria playing baseball. I never thought I would be living my child hood dream in another country. I am very blessed to be here and still be able to put on a uniform. I won't take one game for granted. A kid a year old then me from my high school passed away last week due to tumers that came back. His family wrote this "will passed away at 620 and at 621 he started playing baseball". He loved baseball it was his passion. After I read that it brought me to tears. Not because I was sad but because I knew he was doing what he loved to do again. Maybe one day well pitch against each other. So never miss a opportunity that presents its self to you. God might not open the door all the way but if he cracks it and you feel like its where God is leading you go after it 100%.
Today I got to help with the younger teams. I love coaching little kids baseball. They are so into it and try so hard. They never complain about anything. You can tell which little kids love to play when they are little. There's a kid back home that I gave pitching lessons to named Charlie Jordan, he reminds me a lot of myself. I hope that one day after I'm done playing I get to coach him. If he works hard and stays focused he'll be pretty good player someday. You can just tell he loves being out there.
I had a blast with my buddy in Vienna. One of the players from his team offered to be our tour guide. He knew so much information about the city and buildings. It was really pretty to see all the old buildings and church's It just amazes me how they built such huge buildings so long ago. We went to see the avengers which was really good by the way. It was nice to just talk to a friend from back home. We talked about how cool it is the way God works. We both agreed that this is where God wants us to be. I look forward to what God has in store for us this summer. I hope everyone has a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment