Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ducks Finish 3rd

We finally know that we got third place this season and will be heading to the playoffs to play against the A's.  They don't start till the 15th of September to we still got some time off . We have split with them both times we played them so it's going to be a good series to start off the playoffs. They are a best of 5 and the higher seeded team get to choose where they want to play the first two games at home or away.
   This past week I got to work a baseball camp. I love working with little kids, they have so much fun playing. I love seeing the smile on a kids face when he throws a strike after making an adjustment. This reminds me of a quote that one of my good friends Jeremy Webb shared with me "Behind the player that you have become the stats, the fans, the glory and the upsets- was a little boy that fell in love with baseball. So play the game like that little boy would and thank God for all he has done". That is one of my favorite quotes of all time. Baseball is suppose to be fun and those little kids at camp just had a blast playing wiffle ball.  On the last day of camp is was pretty hot and the kids had a good week so far. So after lunch we had a huge water fight including water ballons, water guns and a slip and slide. It was Armin and me taking on about 25 kids needless to say I think we lost.
   So the seasons final stats are in and I had a pretty good year, I was 11-2 which was the most wins for a pitcher. I threw 123.3 innings which was the second most in the league. I had 152 strikeouts(3rd best) with only 15 walks. My ERA (earn run average) was 1.82. I had a great time this season playing with these guys. It fun to watch players grow over the year and become better players. I can't wait to get started with playoffs, we have won our last 4 regular season games and the 2 yesterday against a Dutch team. Yesterday we got to play a Dutch team to help us play in game shape for the playoffs. We played well in both games and really swung the bats. I only threw 4 innings since it was only a 7 inning game and other guys needed work. I was perfect in my outing no hits or walks and had 6 strike outs. It was a good day on the mound. I continue to thank God everyday I get to put on a uniform and go do what I love to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment