Monday, August 13, 2012

Playoff Bound

This past weekend we needed to win one game to make the playoffs. We decided why not just win both. The first game went into extra innings and Clemens threw all 11 innings. He only needed 125 pitches, which is a very good day on the mound. In the second game we won 5-3. I threw all 9 innings and had 10 strike outs. It was great to win both. That 4 straight for us which is a great way to enter the playoffs. We got 4 weeks till the playoffs so we have plenty of time to rest up. We still don't know who we are going to face in round one.
One of my friends asked me yesterday what was your dream job as a little kid? It was a pro baseball player of course. Then I realized I am living my childhood dream. Yeah I know I'm not playing for the Braves or having baseball cards made of me. But I'm getting paid to do what I love. What I have dreamt about so many nights laying in bed. I can remember playing in the back yard wanting to be John Smoltz. Looking back all the sweat and hours of work I have put in have been worth it. God has blessed me in many ways. I have always been patient and gone where God led me. My mom has always been there to remind me that God has a plan for my life and it's not a ordinary one. My Dad has been there to encourage me through this whole this even when I felt like just giving up. I also want to say thanks to all my coaches along the way, even the bad ones. I wouldn't be where I am today with y'all. I feel blessed everyday I get to put on a uniform and am very grateful for this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment