Saturday, September 8, 2012

Birthday in Austria

I would have never guessed that I would spend my 25 birthday in a forgiven country. But it's something that I can tell my kids one day. Everyone always asks what did you do? Well I got to do what I love, I got to play baseball. The one thing that would have made it better was going to Japanese steakhouse with my family. We can do that when I return home. My Austrian family definitely made me feel special. Jan and Armin got me a Austrian army knife, which is awesome. I love knifes and will never be able to buy myself one of theses again. I sent a picture to my buddy officer Adam Bradley and he was pretty jealous of it.  After practice they had a cake waiting for me, which was really good. It was a surprise for sure.  I got to talk to my grandparents on my birthday too, my Dad talked them through using a calling card and calling me on my Austrian phone. It was good to hear their voices.  I also got a few birthday cards in the mail which was nice to hear from people back home. I  got a package from my friend Steph, which was perfect timing because that day I was kinda bored and starting to miss home. It was the perfect pick me up. It's cool to see how God uses little things to bring us joy. One week from today we start playoffs, it feels like its been weeks since we have played a game. I can't wait to get back out there and do what I love. Thanks again for all the birthday wishes. I can't wait to get back and celebrate with everyone. .

No comments:

Post a Comment