Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Ducks Win Two

    This past Saturday we had the first two games in the the best of five series. We were playing the A's who finished 2nd last year. It's been five weeks since we played a game that had meaning to it. It felt so good to be back out there. In game one it was all Clemens, he was 4-4 at the plate and pitched a complete game shut out. We faced the best Austrian this year statistically and we scored 9 runs off of him. We played great all around from hitting to defence. Which is funny to me because if you saw our pre game we looked awful by far the worst of the year. But it only matters how you play in the game.
     In the second game I knew it wouldn't be a easy win but we had the momentum on our side. Clemens started off the game 2-2 and scored our first run. I pitched the complete game and only gave up two hits and no runs. I didn't have many strike outs but I did have 15 ground ball outs. That's how I normally pitch. In college and high school I was a ground ball pitcher.  We won the game 3-0 and now will head up there on saturday for the rest of the games.  We just need to win one game to make the finals and the Euro Cup. It's never easy to go to someone else field and win. But I think if we just play our game and take care of business we got a shot.
    Clemens and I decided that we would grow playoff beard and they seemed to work. Victor grew one also and he had a home run on Saturday the first on hit at our field this season, so maybe there is something behind it. I decided I am going to let it grow till I get back home. They might not let me back in the country since I will look nothing like my passport picture. My buddy Joe told me the other day he doesn't know with at I look like with short hair or clean shaven anymore. You can tell fall is coming here the nights are getting cooler which is fine for me because the colder it is the better I sleep. There is just something about playoffs and cooler weather, it's like they are suppose to go together. I can't wait till Saturday and take care of business. Hope everyone is doing good and trust in his plan for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment