Monday, June 25, 2012

Tossing 11 Innings for the Win

Yesterday we played the A's, who are in first place. The first time that we played them they run ruled us in game 1. Their game 1 starter is one of the two starters that is still undeated this season. He pitched a good game while we had some struggles on the mound and field. We were missing a few players that would normally be starting for us. We ended up losing 7-2. This past week I extended my running and worked out a little harder. It paid off during my game. I had a no hitter till the 7 inning where I gave up two hits and my only run of the day. After 9 innings the score was tied at 1-1. Their import was throwing really well. I continue to pitch the 10th and 11th innings. Since I had a few quick innings early in the game my pitch count was still low and I felt good. My velo wasn't dropping and I was still keeping the ball down. I knew how much this win meant to us and I was going to do whatever I could to make sure that we won. We ended up scoring in the bottom on the 11th to win the game. I love that in baseball that no matter how old you are when you score a winning run everyone acts like they are 10 years old again. It really is a kids game and that's the way you should play it. That was the most innings I have pitched in my life and I was feeling it in my back today(which is where you want to be sore). I'm going to have a nice long run tomorrow and start preparing for our game this Saturday. I'm excited to get back out there and pick up right where we left off. I continue to thank God for blessing me with the talents that he did and I try to bring glory to him through my playing. God gave us all different passions and skills. Some people are great at singing or drawing. Whatever your passion is go after it with all you got. You will have to make some sacafrices along the way but in the end it will be worth it. Trust in his plan and he will take care of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment