Sunday, July 8, 2012

FIrst Loss and Bouncing Back

Last weekend we played the Metrostars and it was hot. It was one of the hottest days they have ever had here in June. I got to play firstbase in game one. Which means I got to hit also, I was 2-4 with 3 RBI. We didn't play our best baseball that day. We made a few errors, both mental and physical. After game one I was drained, they came in with a great game plan and it paid off for them. I got my first loss of the season. I have never been one to make excuses for not playing well, somedays you just have off days. It is how you handle the lose that matters. I really hate losing, I'm not one to throw or hit things but you can tell I'm not the same. Yesterday we played the Tigers who are in last place. In game one we came out swinging and kept it up the whole game. We put up 20 runs against them. I think we used all of our hits in game 1 though. In game two we couldn't score a run till the 12 inning. I pitched the whole game again. I only threw 126 pitches in the 12 innings and gave up 3 hits with no walks. It was a much needed sweep for us. It was a great team win, a lot of guys made some big plays in key situations. Right now we are in 4th place in the standings. Its going to be a fun rest of the season for sure. My Dad comes in this friday, I cant wait to see him. This is the longest time period in my life where I haven't seen him. We have stayed in connact but it's weird not seeing him. We are going fly fishing when he is here, which is one of our favorite things to do together. I can't believe I have alreay been here for 3 months. It doesn't seem like it have been that long since I sold my truck and headed over here. I know this has changed my life in many ways. I have a new apprication of A/C and ice. I'm kidding but I do miss those things. I have been able to do some things that I never really thought I would have a chance to. On Friday I was on the Autobahn and saw a Ashton Martin fly by us. God has taught me many things and I know this is where he wants me. This blog is something that I never thought that I would have. I started it to keep everyone back home updated on what I was doing here. As of today over 4000 people have read it. From all over the world, from Kenya to Japan. It is interesting to see what friends do keep up with you when you leave for 3 months. But I have some friends that I couldn't see or talk to and when I get back it will be like I never left. I hope everyone has a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment