Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Watching the Sweep Slip Away

This past weekend we had a chance to sweep and solidify our second place position. In game one we hit really well, putting up 12 runs in just seven innings. They managed to score two off an error which should have ended the game. Clemens threw really well and once we had the lead we never looked back.
In game 2 we put up 9 runs off their import pitcher who had pitched in AAA at one point in his career. I managed to keep them scoreless till the 8. Due to my pitch count getting near my limit I came out of the game with the 8-1. Every one thought that it would be enough of a lead. They ended up scoring 5 more that inning to make it 8-6. In the top of the 9th they tied the game. With the go ahead run on third. Someone thought the hidden ball play would be a good idea. They umpire called a balk on our pitcher and the winning run got a free pass home. Regardless if the umpire made the right call or not, we still gave up 9 runs in two innings to a pretty weak offensive team. Then second why would you even try to run that play in that situation. It was just a bad call in my opinion. That was the first time this season we hadn't won the second game. I really hate losing but losing like that makes it even worse. If we lose one to nothing and played good that's a lot easier to handle.
We are half way through the season right now. We play the A's this Sunday who are in first place. It's going to be a good day of baseball, since their game one starter is undefeated. It's nice that we are playing at home again. It really doesn't feel like I have been here for two month today. I decided to not cut my hair the whole time that I'm here, which i normally keep pretty short. It's probably the longest it's been in about 7 years and I still got a few months to go here.
I'm excited a the second half of the season. Now I know what each team has to offer. I feel like we are going to have a great second half. There isn't a team in the league that we can't beat. If we stay focused and keep working we can easily make the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment