Thursday, May 30, 2013

Weekend Sweep

This past weekend we played the A's in Attnang. The weather was not looking good before we left and it rained to whole ride up there. It was still drizzling when we got there. They had put tarps on the field and it was actually in pretty good shape. During our warm up the sun even came out for a minute or two. But the rain came back and it pretty much rained the whole game. That didn't affect Clemons though, he threw a complete game shut out with no walks. We also swung the bats really well, putting up 14 runs. The rain had stopped by the beginning of my game but it was still pretty cold. I felt really good and worked efficiently only throwing 91 pitches in 9 innings with no walks. I worked manly fast balls against them. We won the game 8-2. These were two wins that we needed since they finally made the ruling on our game against the Wanderers. They ruled that we forfeited the game since Jake DH for me. I don't understand this ruling. If I am hitting or Jake it's still a foreigner hitting. It's not taking at bats away from a Austrian. I think some people just can't admit when they make a mistake. This weekend we make the long journey across the country to Dornbirn. It should be a good day of baseball against this team. After this weekend we will be half way through our season which is crazy to think about. Since we are here for a few more months. 
 This weekend also has another exciting part. My girlfriend Stephanie gets here to play softball. I am so excited to see her, it's been about two and half months since we saw each other. I am so excited for us to go on adventures together, know we have planned to spend a weekend in Vienna and also a trip to Venice. God has truly blessed me by bringing her into my life. He has blessed me in many areas of my life. I can never thank him enough for what he has done for me. Remember to thank God everyday for the little things he does. Hope everyone has a great week. 
     

1 comment:

  1. You know what Ryan? You make me so proud of you! I am proud of your love for Jesus and proud of your love for the game! I hope you and Stephanie have a wonderful time in Vienna and Venice. Love you! A follower and fan....Darlene Knight

    ReplyDelete